Part-Time and Summer Jobs

Here’s a tip from the IRS. Hi. My name is Eric, and I work for
the Internal Revenue Service. You know, many students
don’t realize it, but the money they make from working at a part-time
or a summer job needs to be reported to the IRS. In fact, if you’re not careful, you could even end up
owing the government money. But, you know,
it doesn’t have to be that way. Let me tell you just a little
bit about how the system works. You know,
when you start a new job, you fill out a Form W-4. That’s a Withholding Allowance
Certificate. Now, your boss uses
the information from that form to figure out how much tax
to take out of your paycheck. Now, here’s something else
to keep in mind. Many students
overlook filing a tax return, and they forget to report
the income they receive from that part-time
or summer job. Now, the bad part of that is,
is that when you don’t file, you may be overlooking
a tax refund. So don’t leave money
laying on the table. Get it right.
File a return come tax time, and get the money you deserve. Learn more by going
to the IRS Website, [ Mouse clicks ]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *